General knowledge of sports
1. P V Sindhu is the first Indian to win Badminton world Championships Gold.
2. Vishwanathan Anand is the first Indian to win the Chess Championships.
3. Aarti Saha is the first Indian woman to swim across the Indian channel.
4. Lala Amarnath is the first Indian to score Century in tests.
5. Rafael Nadal won the most french open men’s singles titles.
6. Roger Federer won the most Grand Slam men’s single titles.
7. Serena Williams won the most Grand Slam women’s singles titles.
8. Women’s cricket world cup was held in year 1973.
9. The greeks started ancient Olympic games.
10. Abhinav Bindra was the first Indian to own an individual gold medal at Biezing Olympics in 2008.
11. K D Yadav was the first Indian to win an individual medal in Olympics.
12. Martina Navratilova won the maximum number of Grand Slam women’s doubles titles.
13. Novak Djokovic won the most Australian open singles titles.
14. Anil Kumble was the first Indian cricketer to take all 10 wickets in test cricket.
15. Karnam Malleswari is the first Indian woman to win an individual medal at the Olympic games.
16. Kapil Dev is the first Indian cricketer to score Century in ODI.
17. Milkha Singh is known as Flying Sikh of India. Pakistan General Ayub Khan gave him a nick name.
18. Deepa Karmakar is related to Gymnastics.
19. According to 2020 Motera Stadium is the largest stadium in the world. But it was renamed Narendra Modi stadium on 24 February 2021. Its sitting capacity is 110,000 thousand viewers. It was also known as Sardaar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium which is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat India.
– The second largest cricket stadium is Melbourne Cricket ground at Australia.
20. Rohan More is the first asian to swim across the ocean seven.
21. Vishwanathan Anand is the first recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
22. Shahruj Birajdar is the first recipient of Dhyan Chand Award.
23. Mahesh Bhupathi is the first Indian to win a Grand Slam title.
24. In Bangladesh first ICC Champion Trophy held.
25. Bachendri Pal was the first Indian woman to scale the Mount Everest.
26. Prakash Padukone is the first Indian to win the all England badminton championship.
28. Pierre De Coubertin is said to be the father of Modern olympic games.
29. England is the first team to win women’s cricket World Cup.
30. Uruguay is the first team to win the FIFA World Cup.
31. Japan was first Asian country to host Olympics.
32. Kuala Lumpur is headquarters of Badminton World Federation.
33. Methew Webb is the first person to across the English Channel.
34. Bula Chaudhary is the first woman in the world to swim the seven seas.
35. Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi was the youngest Indian to captain its test cricket team.
36. LausAnne, Switzerland is the headquarters of International boxing Association.
37. India hosted the first Asian games.
38. The first Common wealth games hosted by Canada.
39. Salim Durrani is the first cricket player to be awarded the Arjuna Award.
40. Ashish Kumar is the first Indian gymnast to win a medal at the Commonwealth games.
41. Jack Nicklaus is the only golfer to win the masters tournament six times.
42. Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award is the highest sporting award in India.
43. The first modern Olympic games were held in Athen Greece.
44. The birthplace of weekend is England.
45. First commonwealth games were held in 1930.
46. The first one day cricket match played on 5 January 1971.
47. Sachin Tendulkar make his first debut at 15 November 1989.
48. Volleyball is the national sport of Sri Lanka.
49. Cricket is the national game of England.
50. Usain Bolt is from Jamaica.
52. First football world cup was held in the year 1930.
53. First men’s cricket world cup was held in 1975.
54. First Ancient olympic games were held in the year 776 BC.
55. Dr. Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium located in Goa.
56. First Hockey world cup was held in the year 1971.
57. First South Asian games were held in the year 1984.
58. Seven players play in Water polo in each team.
59. Olympic museum is located in Switzerland.
60. Six players play Volleyball in each team.
61. Eleven players play football in each team.
62. Lalbahadur stadium is located in Hyderabad.
63. Archery game is the national game of Bhutan.
64. National sports day of India is celebrated on 29 August.
65. Pankaj Advani is related to Billiards sport.
66. Pigeon is the nick name of cricketer Glen McGrath.
67. Eleven players play hockey in each team.
68. Asian games started in the year 1951.
69. In the year 1948 independent India received the first olympic team medal.
70. Sumo is the national game of Japan.
71. Popping release is related to cricket.
72. PV Sindhu is associated with Badminton.
73. Regatta is associated with Rowing sports event.
74. Rovers Cup is associated with Football sport.
75. Ryder Cup is related to Golf.
76. Shiny Wilson is associated with Athletics.
77. Shiva Thapa is associated with Boxing.
78. Prakash Padukone is associated with badminton.
79. The term Grand Slam is associated with tennis sport.
80. Winter Olympic games started in the year 1924.
81. Thomas Cup is associated with badminton.
82. Olympic flame made its first appearance in The year 1928 in Amsterdam Olympic games.
83. Babita Kumari is related to wrestling.
84. Dronacharya award is given to coaches.
85. Irani Trophy is related to cricket.
86. The Indian football team made its first appearance at Olympics in 1948.
87. The term ‘Tee’ is connected with Golf.
88. Christiana Ronaldo is related with Football Sport.
89. Deepika Kumari is related to Archery.
90. Dronacharya Award was introduced in the year 1985.
91. Durand Cup is associated with football.
92. Gambit is the term associated with Chess.
93. Nine players there are on each side in a baseball match.
94. Davis cup is related to Lawn Tennis.
95. There are 64 Squares in a Chessboard.
96. Double fault is associated with Tennis Sport.
97. South Africa was re-admitted to the Olympics after 21 years suspension.
98. “Playing it my way” is the autobiography of Sachin Tendulkar. It was launched on 15 November 2014 in the city Mumbai.
99. Australian cricket team is called “kangaroos” and also known by Baggy green, Invincible.
100. ‘Pele’ Football player is known as ‘Black Pearl’. He is from Brazil.
101. Switzerland is known as the “Playground of Europe”.
102. The stick which is used to hit the ball in Golf is called
103. Baseball is the national game of United States of America.
104. Sunil Gavaskar was the first batsman to score 10,000 runs in test cricket.
105. Sheffield F.C is the oldest Football club in the world.