April 2021 current affairs
Updated on 30 April 2021
• Ayushman Bharat Day celebrated on 30th April.
– Its Objective is ” To promote affordable medical facilities in remote areas of the country”.
– It is launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Ranchi, Jharkhand, in 2018.
– It provides health cover of rupees 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary Health Care Hospitalization.
• The World Health Organization (WHO) will provide 4000 oxygen concentrators to India to help in the Covid-19 fight.
– The UK has recently sent 495 oxygen concentrator and 140 ventilators to India.
– Ireland has announced that it is preparing to send 700 oxygen concentrators to India.
– Saudi Arabia has recently sent 80 tonnes of oxygen to India.
• Large oxygen plant will be set up in all divisional headquarters of Madhya Pradesh.
• Jhumpa Lahiri wrote a novel called “Wherebouts”.
The book is an English translation of the Italian novel “Las Dove Mi Trovo”. Published in 2018.
• Odisha state government has published data related to Dolphin census.
– Chilka is the India’s largest saltwater lake in the Odisha coast. According to the report the population of Dolphin in Chilka Lake has doubled this year as compared to the previous year.
• China has launched a Robot prototype to collect space debris in the Earth’s lower orbit. The NEO-01 robot was launched on long March 6 rocket. It was launched to observe the small celestial bodies in deep space.
The Robot will now conduct experiments to clear debris from space.
• ASEAN group of countries has issues a five point statement on the Myanmar crisis.
– Under this statement ASEAN countries called for ‘immediate cessation for violence’.
Five points of this initiative as follow:-
1. Ending violence
2. Organising constructive dialogue between all parties.
3. Appointment of special ASEAN envoy to facilitate all- party dialogue.
4. Approval of assistance
5. Special ASEAN envoy to visit Myanmar with military leaders.
• According to the report of SIPRI (Stockholm International Peace Research Institute) India is in 3rd place in the military spending in the year 2020.
• RBI limits the tenure of MD and CEO of banks 15 years.
• The Community Service Centre established in Uttarakhand to make the data available from India’s first Solar Space Mission. The name of the centre is Aditya L-1 Support Cell.
– It is joint efforts of ISRO and ARIES (Aryabhatta Research Institute Observational Science).
– Aditya L-1 is an Indian Space mission which will also study the sun and the area between the Earth and the Sun. It is India’s first Solar Mission.
• World Workplace Health and Safety Day celebrated on 28 April.
• OLA company will create the world’s largest two wheeler charging network in India. With this network, ola electric scooter can be charged 50% in just 18 minutes.
• America has announced the ‘International climate finance plan’. So that finance plan for developing countries can be doubled. Its main motive to help poor countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
• Saudi Arabia country has included Mahabharat and Ramayan in its curriculum. Under the vision of Prince Mohammad bin Salman 2030 history and culture of all countries are being included in the study.
• Gambia became the second African country to eliminate Trachoma and first country is Ghana (2018). India free from Trachoma in 2017.
– Trachoma is a bacterial infection which affects our eyes. Its caused by a bacterium chlamydia trachomatis.
• Washington DC will became 51st State of America.
• Google announced a fund of Rs.135 crore in India due to the crisis of arising of coronavirus.
• The ministry of Panchayati Raj implemented the SWAMITVA scheme.
Objective- Documentation of residential properties will be done using the latest Drone survey Technology.
• Haryana state has started HARIHAR NITI for rehabilitation of abandoned children.
HARIHAR – homeless abandoned and surrendered children rehabilitation. Under this policy abandon children below the age of 5 years will be eligible for the benefits of education, employment and financial assistance up to 25 years of age or marriage.
• Punjab State Government has decided to shutdown the the iron industries for save oxygen.
• NASA space agency produced oxygen by purifying carbon dioxide on mars. NASA’s perceverones Rover produced breathable oxygen.
The Rover took a breath called lane for taking carbon dioxide from the atmosphere of mars using a device called Moxi.
• The Unicorn is the name of smallest black hole discovered so far. This black hole is the the nearest to the earth and its mass is just three times more than the Sun.
• Rumana Sinha Sehgal has won the Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021.
– she was crowned as “Mrs Universe successful 2018”.
• Yashaswini Chandra is the author of the launch book “The tale of the Horse: A history of India on horseback”.
• Rafael Nadal has won the men’s singles title of Barcelona open by defeating Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas.
• A new e-book “Climate Change Explained- for one and all” is written by Aakash Ranison.
• A book “Redesign the world: A Global Call to Action” has been authored by Sam Pitroda.
• India has been ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Government index which classifies is 104 countries in the term of government capabilities and outcomes.
• 12th National panchayati Raj day was observed on 24 April.
• World Malaria Day is observed on 25 April and the theme of the day is “Reaching the Zero Malaria Target”.
• The Prime Minister Narendra Modi is participating in the leaders summit on climate and the theme is ‘our collective sprint to 2030’.
• Noted Educationist and former Chairperson of the University Grants Commission Arun Nigavekar has passed away.
• RIL India company bought British Stoke Park for $79 million/ 57 million pounds (about Rs. 592 Crore).
• World Book and Copyright day is observed on 23rd April asp per UNESCO. Tbilisi Georgia City is the world book capital for the year 2021.
• World Immunization Week 2021 is being observed from 24 April to 30 April and the Theme is ‘ Vaccines bring us closer’.
• The Hague Netherlands is the headquarters of organisation of the prohibition of chemical weapons.
• Red Bull’s Driver Max Verstappen has won 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix title. He is from Netherlands.
• Sachin clinches 8 gold medal at 2021 AIBA (International Boxing Association) youth mens and womens World Boxing championship. He is from Haryana.
• Australia partnered with India for Indo Pacific Ocean initiative.
This initiative will help support an independent, open and prosperous Indo-Pacific. Australia has announced 1.4 million dollar under it.
• English language Day celebrated on 23 April globally every year. On 23 April 1616 famous English poet William Shakespeare died.
• ‘Startup India Seed Fund’ scheme started by Piyush Goyal.
The scheme will provide Rs. 945 crore to startups over the next 4 years. The scheme will support more than 3600 startups through 300 incubators.
• Andhra Pradesh state government has launched ‘Jaganna Vidya Deevena scheme’ and its purpose to provide scholarship to those students who are not able to pay fees due to financial burden. The scheme mainly focuses on students pursuing higher education.
• United Kingdom is creating the new digital currency ‘Bitcoin’.
Currently only the ‘Bahamas’ have this currency. The new currency would be a new form of digital money for household and business use.
• India is in the 87th rank according to Global energy transition index it is released by world economic forum.
– Sweden is at top position and second is Norway.
• Recently, World Meteorological Organisation’ released the state of the Global climate report 2020. According to report the year 2020 is the hottest year recorded due to climate change.
• Miguel Diaz Cannel has been sworn-in as new president of Cuba.
• Blood Oxygen Saturation Supplement Oxygen delivery system has been developed by DRDO ( Defence Research Development Organisation).
– system is very useful for the wearing Indian soldiers in the high altitude areas.
– and also useful for coronavirus infected people.
• Priyanka Mohite became the first Indian woman to conquer the ‘Mount Annapurna’. It is world’s 10th highest peak.
• India’s rank in the World Press Freedom Index 2021 is 142 in out of 180.
• Russia country’s Army has killed 200 terrorist in Syria by air strike.
• United Nations Population fund has released the World Population report 2021 titled ‘My Body My Own’ .
– Census 2011 was the 15th census of India.
• Table mountain National Park is located at South Africa. The Park caught fire and spreading rapidly. More than 200 fire brigades have been deployed in the area to extinguish the Fire. It is included in UNESCO’S World Heritage.
• Israel became the world’s first country, Where orders have been given not to wear masks.
• America and China agreed to co-operate on climate crisis.
– China and US world’s largest carbon pollutant.
– Biden invited 40 world leaders including Chinese President XI Jinping to the Summit to be held on 22 and 23 April.
• Walter F Mondale is the former vice president of USA. He has passed away.
• India- European Union leader’s meeting will be held in a virtual format on 8 May. The headquarters of European Union is located at Brussels Belgium.
• Rajasthan state government will run a “No mask, no movement” Champaign across the state to break the chain of infection.
• Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal has been appointed as Ambassador of PUMA.
• National civil service Day is observed on 21 April.
• World Creativity and Innovation day is observed on 21 April.
• India and Germany has signed an agreement titled “Cities combating plastic entering the marine environment”.
Kanpur, Kochi and Portblair to be supported under the project.
• Italy has launched its first ever mega food Park project in India at Fanidhaar in the Mehsana District of Gujarat.
• Life Insurance Corporation has appointed Paytm to facilitate digital payments.
• A Book titled “Believe- what life and cricket taught me” the much awaited Suresh Raina’s autobiography is co-authored Bharat sundaresan.
•ISRO has signed an agreement with the space agency of France CNES for co-opration in its first human space mission Gaganyaan.
CNES will train Indian flight physician and CAPCOM mission control teams at french facilities.
• India’s Mirabai Chanu set a new world record in the women’s 49 kg clean and jerk to win bronze medal with an impressive 119 kg lift at Asian weightlifting championship in Tashkent Uzbekistan.
• Microsoft has made its second biggest acquisition after LinkedIn. The tech giant has bought AI speech tech firm Naunce for $19.7 Billion.
• Economist intelligence unit is partnership with Facebook has released the inclusive internet index 2021. India has ranked 49th spot globally. It share its rank with Thailand.
• Special forces of India and Kyrgyzstan begin an eighth edition of military exercise of ‘Khanjar’ in Bishkek.
• ‘Save the Elephant Day’ is being celebrated on 16 April of every year to raise Awareness about various difficulties they have faced.
• 2021 senior Asian wrestling championship being held at a Almat Kazakhstan.
• World Art Day is observed on 15 April.
• United Kingdom has added Pakistan to its list of undesirable 21 high risk countries over money laundering and terror financing charges.
• Lizelle Lee has won the ICC women’s player of the month award for March. She is from South Africa.
• Nation remembered the chief architect of constitution of India, Babasaheb doctor Bhimrao Ambedkar on his 130th birth anniversary on 14 April.
• The International Tennis Federation announced that 2021 Davis Cup finals will be held in the three cities with Innsbruck (Austria) and Turin (Italy) joining Madrid (Spain) as host. Headquarters of international tennis Federation at London, United Kingdom.
• The Indian Energy Dashboards Version 2.0 was launched by Dr Rajiv Kumar (vice chairman of NITI Aayog) to provide single-window assess in the energy data for the country.
– data provided by Central Electricity Authority, Coal controller organisation and ministry of petroleum and natural gas is compiled in the Dashboards.
– NITI Aayog launched the version 1.0 in May 2017.
• The 6th edition of India’s premier foreign policy dialogue ‘Raisina Dialogue’ inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• Axis Bank customers can send money abroad In 100 currencies via mobile app.
• An expert panel of India’s Central drug authority has recommended granting approval to Russian covid-19 vaccines Sputnik V for emergency using the country.
• According to National statistical office, ministry of statistics and programme implementation data, consumer price index has raised to 5.52% in March.
• Anshu Malik and Sonam Malik have secured the Tokyo Olympic berths, both are related to wrestling.
• A Sanskrit learning app “Little Guru” will be launched in Bangladesh by the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre of the High Commission of India.
• Hideki Matsuyama has become the first from Japan to win the 2021 “Agusta Masters”.
• International day of Human Space Flight is observed on 12th April.
• United Arab Emirates (UAE) named the next two astronauts in its Space program, including the country’s first female astronaut named Naura-al-Matroushi.
• Election Commission Sushil Chandra will become the 24th chief election commissioner of India.
• Actor Sonu Sood has been made the brand ambassador for punjabs anti-coronavirus vaccination program.
• Punjab state government has launched mega self employment loan Mela as part of his government’s Flagship “Ghar Ghar Rojgar and Karobar mission”.
• India’s first post office Passport Seva Kendra Run by and all women team has started Operation in Phagwara, Punjab.
• Ministery of Civil Aviation has finalized an air bubble agreement with Sri Lanka.
• Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has launched NanoSaniffer the world’s first micro sensor based Explosive trace detector.
• 14th edition of Indian premier league has been started from M A Chidambaram Stadium Chennai.
• Indian Council for cultural relations has celebrated its 71st foundation Day on 9 April.
• Actor Divya Dutta authored a book “Me and Ma”.
• India has contributed an additional $ 500,000 United Nations trust fund for counter terrorism.
• Dr. Harsh Vardhan Union Health and Family welfare minister approved the “National Policy for Rare diseases 2021”. A provision for financial support up to 20 lakh rupees under the umbrella scheme of Rashtriya arogya Nidhi is proposed for treatment.
• Dutee Chand will receive Chhattisgarh Veerani award. she is from Odisha.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will release the hindi translation of the book
‘Odisha Itihas’ written by
‘Utkal Keshari’ Dr. Harekrishna Mehtaab. It has been translated into Hindi by ‘Shankarlal Purohit’.
• Reserve Bank of India has hiked the maximum deposit limit for payment banks to Rs. 2 lakh from Rs. 1 Lakh.
• Current Cash Reserve Ratio is 3.5%.
• Nethra Kumanan became first Indian woman sailor to qualify for the Olympics.
• FIFA suspended the National football Federation of Pakistan and Chad.
• S Raman has been appointed as chairman and managing director of Small Industries Development Bank of India.
• Chinese smartphone major Vivo has appointed Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador.
• Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan has launched a massive public awareness campaign ‘ main corona volunteer hun’.
• North Korea will not participate in the Tokyo Olympics this year to protect its athletes amid the coronavirus pandemic.
• A U small finance Bank has launched a platinum family program.
MD and CEO- Sanjay Agarwal
Tagline- chalo aage bade
Headquarters- Jaipur, Rajasthan
• India has hosted a meeting of BRICS finance ministers and Central Bank governors virtually.
• Ajay Seth has been appointed as the new Economic Affairs Secretary. He will Replace Tarun Bajaj and he will be the new revenue secretary.
• Rajasthan has become the first state in the country where the state government is providing free Health Insurance facility to all the citizens of the state.
• Malika Shrinivasan has been appointed as the new Mission Director for Attal Innovation Mission (AIM) a flagship initiative of the Government of India under the auspices of NITI Ayog.
• Pham Minh Chin is the Prime Minister of Vietnam.
• Shabir H S Khandwawala is the new chief of BCCI’s anti corruption unit.
• World Health Day is observed on 7th April. ‘WHO’ established at 7th April 1948. Its headquarters at Geneva Switzerland.
• A book ‘Eden: An Indian retelling of Jewish Christian and Islamic Lore’ is authored by Devdutt Pattanaik.
•International day of sport for development and peace is observed on 6 April.
• B P Kanungo is the name of RBI Deputy Governor who has been retired after completing 1 year extention.
• Former World Champion Mirabai Chanu will lead the Indian challenge in Women’s 49 kg category at the Upcoming Asian weight lifting Championships to be held at Tashkent in Uzbekistan from April 16 to 25.
• Digvijaysinh Zala the former union environment minister and MLA from Gujarat’s Wankaner, he has passed away.
• In Badminton world champion Parmod Bhagat clinch 2 Gold Medals as India finished their campaign in the 3rd Sheikh Hamdan bin Al Maktoum Dubai Para- Badminton International 2021 in Dubai with 20 medals.
• National Maritime day is observed on 5 April.
• Under the stand up India scheme Rs. 25,586 Crore loan has been sanctioned in 5 years.
• First military farm was raised on 1 February 1989 at Allahabad.
• The government extended the last date for linking the Aadhar number with Pan up to 30 June 2021.
• SBI Bank has raised $ 1 billion from Japan Bank for international Cooperation to extend loans two supply chain of Japanese automobile industry in India.
• RBI in consultation with the government has decided that the limit for the Ways and Means advances will be at Rs. 1.20 Lakh Crore for April- September 2021- 22.
• With Mauritius comprehensive cooperation and partnerships agreement come into force.
• CSIR’s Bengaluru based research lab national aerospace laboratories rolled out a two seater trainer aircraft that is developed by it and it’s name is HANSA- NG.
• Axis Bank will sell its UK subsidiary.
• Odisha day and Utkala Divas is celebrated on 1st April.
• World Bank has raised its Gross Domestic Product growth rate forcast of india for the Financial year 2021-22 at 10.1%.
• Mansukh Mandvia has flagged off the cruise service from Hajira Port of Surat to Diu.
• India has slipped 28 places to rank 140th among 156 countries in the world economic forums Global gender gap report 2021 becoming the third worst performer in South Asia.
• Rajnikanth bestowed the governments highest honours for Indian cinema, the Dada Saheb Phalke award.
• Multinational military exercise SHANTIR OGROSHENA 2021 (front runner of the peace) will be held at Bangladesh to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh ‘father of the nation’ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and mark glorious of 50 years of liberation.
– The theme of the exercise is ‘peace keeping operation’.
– Military observers from UK, USA, Turkey, kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore will also be in attendance throughout the exercise.
– Indian Army to participate in multinational exercise in Bangladesh.
• Mukhmeet S Bhatia took over the charge of director general of ‘Employees State Insurance Corporation’ (ESIC) under ministary of labour and employment.
– ESIC founded at 24 February 1952 and its Headquarters at New Delhi
• Central Government has constituted expert committees to review the existing rules and regulations on safety, health and working condition standards pertaining to factories Docks and construction work. The chairman of committee is R K Elangovan.
• National payment Corporation of India announced the formation of its wholly owned subsidiary firm NPCI Bharat Bill pay ltd.
• Digital financial service platform Paytm announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Paytm money has opened Technology Development Centre at Pune.
• World Autism Awareness day is observed on 2 April.
• At Rs. 1.23 lakh crore the goods and services tax collection in March was the highest ever since the GST regime was introduced in July 2017.
• Recently Iceland countries volcano has erupted after 900 years.
• Russia has the first coronavirus vaccine for animals been registered.
– The world’s first animal vaccine against Coronavirus has been named ‘COrnivac-cov’.