Current affairs of March 5 to 10 for all competitive exams
1. V K Saraswat has inaugurated state of art center for Drone Research at Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT) Roorkee.
2.” Hearing care for all” is the theme of world hearing day. It is observed on 3rd March.
3. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank announced opening of two new Kendriya vidyalaya in the state of Karnataka and Punjab.
4. The governor of Tripura, Ramesh Bias has inaugurated the Udaipur Science Center at Udaipur, Tripura.
5. Manpreet Vohra has been appointed as India’s next high commissioner to Australia.
6. Care rating has announced the appointment of Sachin Gupta as its chief rating officer.
7. Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Army for salary account.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hold a virtual summit with Stephen Lofven. He is the prime minister of Sweden.
9. United Nation General Assembly has adopted India’s resolution to declare 2023 as International year of Millets.
10. Hardeep Singh Puri Minister of state housing and urban affairs announced the release of the final ranking of Ease of living index 2020. Bengaluru city has topped in the million plus category and Shimla city has topped in the less then million category.
11. India has attracted total FDI inflow of $ 65.54 billion during April to December 2020. It is highest ever for the first ninth month of a financial year and 22% higher as a compared to the first month of 2019-20. ( $ 55.14 )
12. “A combined Commanders” conference has been started at Kevadia Gujrat state.
13. The government has set up a high level National committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence.
14. 30th Bihari puraskar for 2020 will be given to Mohan Krishna bohara for his Hindi book titled Taslima: Sangharsh aur sahitya.
15. Education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has inaugurated the Delhi World Book fair 2021 virtual edition.
16. Indian Shuttlers Varun Kapoor and Malvika Bansod have won the men’s and women’s singles titles respectively at the 2021 Uganda International in Kampala.
17. India has inked pact with Phillipines for sale of ‘Defence equipment’.
18. Drug major Glenmark Pharma has signed Rohit Sharma as brand ambassador for its product candid powder.
19. With ICICI Bank, PNB Housing Finance tied up for a strategic co- lending service that will facilitate retail home loan at compititive rate.
20. United Nations environment programme release the food waste index report 2021. This report estimates that around 931 million Tonnes of food waste was generated in 2019.
21. Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat won gold medal Matteo Pellicone ranking series event in Rome.
22. Indian boxer Manish Kaushik has won the gold medal in the 63 kg category by defeating Nikolai Terteryan in the 35th Boxam International Tournament in the Castellon, Spain. – India has finished with 10 Medals including one Gold in Boxam International the first edition of Boxam Tournament was held in Almeria in 1976.
23. In badminton, Rio Olympics gold medalist carolina marin of spain defeated olympic silver medalist P V Sindhu in the women’ s singles final of the swiss open at Basel.
24. Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen has won the men’s singles title of swiss open by defeating Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn.
25. International women’s day is observed on 8 March. Its theme is ”women in leadership: achieving an equal future in a covid-19 world.
26. Prime Minister Narender Modi has dedicated to the nation the 7500 Jan Aushadhi kendra at north eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science in Shilong and its aim to provide quality medicines at an affordable price.
– From 86 centers in 2014 the number of stores under the scheme has grown to 7500, covering all districts of country.
-Government will increase the number of Jan Aushadhi stores to ten thousand by 2024.
– To create more awareness about ”Jan Aushadhi” an entire week from 1st to 7th March was celebrated as ”Jan Aushadhi Week” across the nation.
-Its theme is -”Jan Aushadhi, Seva bhi Rojgar bhi”
– The last day of the week 7th march has been celebrated as ”Jan Aushadhi Diwas”.
27. Aanya Goyal a 13 years old Indian Origin school girl has become the youngest to be selected for the Britain Team which will compete at the Prestigious European Girls, Mathematical Olympiad to hosted by Gorgia.
28. Board of Control for cricket in India announce the schedule for The 14th edition of Indian premier league 2021 to be held in India.
– Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata hosting the event.
29. Well noun Kannada poet, critic and translator and N S Lakshmi Narayana Bhatta has passed away recently he was 85 Years old.
30. National payment Corporation of India and SBI payments have Partnered to launch ” RuPay SoftPoS” for Indian merchants.
31. Reliance foundation chairperson Neeta Mukesh Ambani has launched a social media platform “Her circle” aimed at empowering women.
32. In wrestling World championship bronze medalist Bajrang Punia has won a gold medal By defeating Tulga Tumur Ochir of Mongolia in the Matteo Pallicone world ranking series event in Rome.
33. Minister of state for external affairs V Murlidharan unveiled two of the passport sewa kendra PSKs to be transformed as All women PSKs.
– One PSK is at RK Puram Bikhaji Cama place in new Delhi and another at Tripunithura Cochin, Kerala.
34. Prime minister Narendra Modi has chaired the first meeting of the National Committee to commemorate 75 years of independence as the ‘Azadi ka Mahotsav’.
35. HDFC Bank has announced the launch of ‘Smartup Unnati’ a dedicated program for mentoring women entrepreneurs by women leaders at the bank.
36. Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol has passed away recently, he achieved the Dhyan Chand National Sports award. He was 91 years old.
37. Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh has passed away. He was 86 years old.
38. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs notified that e- invoicing will be mandatory for business to business transactions for taxpayers having turnover of over Rs. 50 Crore from April 1, 2021.
39. Minister of state for Culture Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the ” All women’s Art Exibition tittled ‘ Akshay Patra’ at Rabindra Bhavan Galleries of Lalit Kala Academy, India’s National Academy of Art.
40. Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal announced project Development cell for Biotechnology.